Tomorrow, April 7th is World Health Day. 2022 will focus global attention on urgent actions needed to keep humans and the planet healthy and foster a movement to create societies focused on the well-being.
Did you know that HEALTH is the #1 preoccupation of ageing adults?
Just behind health linger worries around:
- Loss of independence
- Running out of money
- Inability to live at home
- Death of loved ones and loneliness.
However, each of these worries is, in one way or another, linked to PHYSICAL HEALTH.
Research shows that LIFESTYLE influences 70% of PHYSICAL AGEING and therefore offers an enormous potential to improve lives.
The WHO estimates that more than 13 million deaths annually are due to AVOIDABLE ENVIRONMENTAL CAUSES. The climate crisis is also a health crisis.
In our recently published book “Wake-Up, Shake-Up, Thrive! : How to Lift Up Your Life in Your 50’s and Beyond — Swiss Secrets to Not Growing Old —” we not only explore optimal ageing, but also “GREEN THUMBS” : doable, sustainable behaviors that prolong not only YOUR LONGEVITY, but our PLANET’S too.
6 Sustainable Ways to Celebrate World Health Day:
- Serve less: When we serve less, we eat less and waste less
- Walk more: When we walk more, we drive less and burn more.
- Lower temps: Lower bedroom heat, means better sleep and less energy consumption
- Breath deep: Deeper breathing improves stress, heart, blood pressure, muscles and energy but also connects us with our earth that produces the oxygen we breathe
- Reach out: Human connection is the most consistent predictor of happiness and longevity on our planet
- Laugh lots: Studies suggest that children laugh 300 times per day, while adults laugh only 17 times. Laughter enhances oxygen intake, stimulates the heart, lungs and muscles, increases happy hormones, and reduces stress while improving social lives and increasing lifespans.
(More references available in our book!)
This is a global wake-up call that starts with YOU!
What are you doing to help our planet focus on SUSTAINABLE WELLBEING?
Don’t grow old waiting – Join the movement!